How to migrate from a previous version to Password Depot Server 12?
The migration process from an older version of the server to version 12 is quite simple and takes only a few minutes. Follow the steps below exactly to upgrade your Enterprise Server to the current version 12:
- Install version 12
- Start the server manager of version 12 and set up the same administrator password as in the previous version.
- Stop both the server of version 12 and the server of the previous version (please stop the services, not only the server managers!)
- Copy all Databases from the directory "\Passwords" of the previous version into the directory "\Data\DB" of version 12 (by default "C:\Program Files (x86)\AceBIT\Password Depot Server 12\Data\DB"). The databases are converted from the old .psw format (or .psw7 etc.) to the new .pswe format when used by the Enterprise Server automatically.
- Copy the file pwd_svr.cfg from the program directory of the previous version into the directory \Data of version 12 (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\AceBIT\Password Depot Server 12\Data) to copy the User and Settings.
- Do NOT copy the file pdserver.ini into the new directory.
- Start the server of version 12. If you now log in to the Server Manager, you may have to wait a few minutes until it is ready.
Note to connect to clients: The default port in version 12 is 25012.