I get the Socket error #10060
Posted by Markus Paulsen on 07 February 2011 17:12
This error is not directly caused by WISE-FTP, but mostly occurs because either |
a) a Firewall stops WISE-FTP from connecting to the Internet
b) there is a problem with the Names Resolution or because of
c) improper routing in your network implementation.
Please try the following:
- Ensure that a connection through your firewall is possible for the program. Configure it in such a way that it does not block WISE-FTP (WISE-FTP needs to be able to access the standard ports 20 and 21). If necessary, add wiseftp6.exe to the list of accepted programs.
- Try to connect to other FTP servers to find out if a connection is blocked from the start.
- Check whether you have entered your server address in the correct way, that means mysite.com (without any www or http). Try to enter the IP address instead of your server address.
- Try to use Active mode instead of Passive mode. You can change this setting in the "Site Manager" before connecting by unchecking the Passive checkbox.
- Go to Options->Preferences and choose Connection and Transfers. Then increase the Connection Timeout to for example 100 seconds.